Fall 2014 Athletic News
For student-athletes to be cleared for fall sports at Sheldon High School, the following requirements must be completed:
- Have all school materials/uniforms returned and/or fines paid at Smedberg/Sheldon;
- Have at least 2.0 GPA for Term 4 from Sheldon or for the last spring report card from another school;
- Have had an athletic physical screening exam after May 1, 2014 and have form completed, signed, and returned to Athletic Office (form must be signed by parent/guardian prior to the physical);
- Have completed and signed all required forms – EGUSD Athletic Handbook and Emergency Information Form – and returned to the Athletic Office for returning athletes;
- Have attended the New Athlete and Parent Mandatory Meeting in the past or on Tuesday August 5th at 7:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria where the required paperwork in #4 above will be distributed, explained, and completed for new athletes to Sheldon;
- Must have signed up, or will sign up, for a fall sport which can still be done by contacting the head coach for each fall sport at Sheldon High School by calling 681-7500 and enter Option “9,” wait for the voice mailbox greeting, and then enter the VM# in order to leave a message or go to sheldonhuskies.com and e-mail coach.
- Begin tryouts/practice on Monday, August 11, 2014.
Cross Country (M/W)
MANDATORY MEETING FOR
NEW ATHLETE AND PARENT FOR FALL SPORTS
Tuesday August 5, 2014
Sheldon High School’s Cafeteria
Required paperwork will be completed at this meeting.
There will be a meeting for winter sports in early November and early February for spring sports.
$55 per individual or $160 per family of four, which is four passes for the price of three. The pass will be sold at Hot August Days. All-Sports Pass holders get into all home athletic events, except CIF playoffs and foundation games, for free.
Hot August Days for $30 ($13 goes to athletic fund). ASB cardholders get into all home athletic events (excluding playoffs or foundation games) for free; get a $1-2 discount at away Delta League events and discounts at dances, performances, etc. This could add up to over $200 in savings.
All seniors who plan to compete in athletics at a Division I or II NCAA university or college next year must register with, and be cleared by, the NCAA Clearinghouse. You now register online. If you have not done so as of yet, do it today at www.ncaaclearinghouse.net or link from NCAA’s website: www.ncaa.org.
I look forward to another exciting and successful year with Sheldon Husky student-athletes and appreciate the positive parent support you provide to our athletic program
As always, it’s a great day to be a Husky!